In partnership with Hope International Trust in Meru, the Kenya Team at UPPC provides sustainable and timely support to educate, equip, and empower children living in the Meru region of Kenya.
- Our Scriptural mandate to serve the poor:
James 1:27 “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
Psalm 112:9 speaking of the man who is blessed and fears the Lord: “He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever.”
Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is one in me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed…”.
- The guidance of the Holy Spirit in each step of this ministry.
- Giving which has a direct impact on raising the neediest members of the greater Meru community out of extreme poverty toward economic independence.
- Relational connections with our brothers and sisters in Christ living in Meru. Sponsors and children will pray for one another and know each other by name.
- A culturally responsive ministry which recognizes and supports the initiative of Kenyans to be the agents of change within their communities.
- A sustainable, grass-roots ministry in which participants feel connected to and passionate about the work, and administrative costs are kept to an extreme minimum.