Sponsorship DonationsFor the 2021 school year:
- Monthly Payments: $27.50/month for primary students; $45.75/month for high school
- Trimester Payments: $110/payment for primary students; $183/payment for high school
*If you would like to contribute more than the designated sponsorship amount listed above, you may do so by designating the extra amount as an "extra gift" (see instructions below).
Extra Gifts to Sponsored Students and Families
Extra donations beyond the designated sponsorship amount are welcomed to provide extra support where needed to students and families in Meru, Kenya. These donations are used to purchase items such as birthday and graduation presents for sponsored students, and to cover medical and other necessary expenses sponsored families cannot afford. To make an extra gift to sponsored students and families, follow the payment instructions below.
- If you have a preference on how your extra gift is used, please indicate it with your donation or email Karen Lau (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your preference.
*While we will do our best to apply your gift according to your preference, as a tax-deductible gift, University Place Presbyterian Church and its partnership with Hope International Ministry Trust maintain control and discretion of the donated funds.
* For instructions on how to use the online donation tool, click HERE.
*Note: Donations for the Watoto Center are processed separately. If you wish to make a donation toward the Watoto Center, click HERE.
BY CHECK: Checks should be made payable to UPPC with "Cherish" AND "sponsorship", "extra gift" or "where needed" on the memo line, and delivered in the special sponsorship envelope to:
University Place Presbyterian Church
attn Cherish Meru
8101 27th St. W
University Place, WA 98466
- If your donation covers more than one area, please include a note along with your check listing the amounts you wish to give toward "sponsorship", "extra gift" and "where needed".
*While every effort will be made to apply your gift according to your stated designation, as a tax-deductible gift, University Place Presbyterian Church and its partnership with Hope International Ministry Trust maintain control and discretion of the donated funds.
- Please do not put donations into the offering plate. If the church office is closed, you may put your donation into the office door slot.
- Sponsorship envelopes are sent to donors once a year but can also be found in the CHERISH mailbox at UPPC.